Thursday, April 28, 2011

Series Finale

And OH HOLY COW here it is.
The Last Week. Of School. For me maybe ever.

What comes NEXT, I ask you?
(You are probably not the one[s] to ask.)

Well here are some Ideas I've had:
The only idea I have is to make enough money to pay my loans. Foresight!

I would like to stop and consider the view from where I am right now, because in a week I will not any longer have the same one.
Life is whizzing right along. A summer of weddings approaches (no one is surprised) and also of job applications and hopefully interviews and acceptances, et cetera.

I feel sometimes the same way I feel when I'm playing soccer. I'm best on defense. When I play forward I can't figure out where I should be looking. Behind me to see an oncoming pass? Ahead to make sure I'm not offsides? At the ball so that I know where I should be going? All trying to figure this out while running. I can never get it right. When the ball does come my way I'm inevitably looking the wrong way or I can't figure out what to do with it before I run out of time or room.
That's a bit incoherent, but it's how I've been feeling about life. I can't keep my eyes on the ball and on the rest of the field at the same time. I can't figure out how to live in the present and how to effectively consider the future.
At least I haven't learned how yet.

This summer might help, somehow. I'm choosing to think it will.

No comments: