Wednesday, April 19, 2006

What? Oh, dear-- that's horrid. Take it away. Take it all away.

I read through my site today, and was disheartened. My posting here has gone from mediocre to occasionally decent to awful. I blame School, Humidity, and Ralph Nader. In that order.
Today in my 7.50 Spanish class, I openly mocked my professor's cartographical deficiency. He took it rather well. I was right; it was a terrible map. I have seen cows that could draw better ones. But then I have known some very skilled cows.
I have reached the nadir. I no longer do work. I pretend to enough that I am able to coast sufficiently in all of my classes. But finals are coming up quickly-- I envision a large, gnarled, hunchbacked, snarling man with a snaggletooth and a knotty wooden club, running at me barefoot, and sort of mumbling to himself-- and I think my carefully constructed academic playhouse is going to fall down.
And I was worried about Dr. Barbeau asking us to produce "sophisticated rhetoric." Pah.
I am getting a sort of tan, I think. I hesitate to declare it for I do not want the dermatology gods to wax capricious and torment me with a peeling burn or never-ending blinding whiteness. Oh, to be like Kara, with her built-in tan. A pox on my Northwestern European genetics.

6 comments:

jaredshane said...

After reading this, I expirienced joy, sorrow, envy, and then I laughed about the "tan".

Unknown said...

hahaha.

Megan said...

I have olive skin, but not like the dark Kara one.

Unknown said...

Megan has olive skin? That's news to me.

Hilary said...

I also have a rich olive complexion. I'm practically black.

jaredshane said...

You should update. Do not comment on how I need to update as well.