Sunday, April 02, 2006

Revelation in a parking lot

Rain pelted pavement, lightning kicked a yeilding sky, thunder growled at the quiet earth. I hurried through the drops, cringing at the wetness.

Then I heard His voice. And in one gust of wind my eyes and ears were opened.

Rain wet thirsty soil; lightning danced on clouds to the rumbling baritone melody of the thunder. Raindrops played on windshields, mud glorped happily at my heels, wind spread the smell of clean through a tired and grimy city. The heavens declared glory, the storm told of wondrous works to the weary, distracted children of men.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

glorp glorp glorp

Hilary said...

Thanks, Dr. Seuss.

Megan said...

Exactly what I was thinking.

jaredshane said...

Rejoice, oh Colleen, I now have another blog. The purpose of this one is to express my serious, non-insulting side.