Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Things to do

At school I was always busy; rather, I should have always been busy. There was always plenty to busy myself with.
Here, I could easily, too easily, do absolutely nothing. Starting in a week, approximately, that will change. I hope.
I wonder if I'm perky enough to be a good waitress. I shall imitate Kara. Actually, I should imitate Evan, if I were to imitate anyone. Ah well.
I begin writing again tomorrow. And I have been working on my summer reading list. This is by no means all of it. Feel free to suggest others.
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • A Tale of Two Cities
  • Blue Like Jazz
  • The Great Divorce ( and all things Lewis)
  • The Man Who Was Thursday (and all things Chesterton)
  • Gone With the Wind (this is only because I love Kara)
  • Uncle Tom's Cabin (because I lied to someone once about reading it...I forget whom...)
  • The Princess Bride (because I love the movie)
  • and I want to finish Winston Churchill's histories of WWII. I am in the midst of Triumph and Tragedy now.

So I am looking forward to the remainder of summer. I have also other things lined up to keep myself out of mischief. Wish me well with that.

My little brother, the Space Cadet, to my mother, on Mom's proposing summer-camp-style classes for him and Littlest Sister :
"But, Mom, when you daydream all day you aren't bored!"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It just occurred to me that I hadn't commented on this before...
I need books.

Hilary said...

Chesterton is mar-ve-lous. Just plain.
Good taste, my dear.

Anonymous said...

Heheh... Imitate Evan? That's AWEsome... I'd laugh SO hard. But I'm afraid it takes a certain breed of people to imitate Evan. Not many can do it. :P

Tale of Two Cities: Close to my favorite book. Ever.

jaredshane said...

There are some very good books on that list....