Thursday, January 26, 2006

And here's how some of my classes are going

Today we had our first real HPE lecture of the semester. Fritz was in rare form. I had never seen him so energetic. At times his antics were enough to pull my head up from my Spanish homework and just stare, jaw flopping feebly. He pantomimed isotropic and isometric and isotonicky and isolational and isotropicanic excercises. At one point he demonstrated how, in his gymnastics days, he had been trained to do a maneuver called the "Iron Cross" on the rings. He looked like a fish struggling to breathe-- provided the fish was balding, shiny-scalped, and wearing cowboy boots. It was very surreal. I do not think that man is stable.
Monday was a wonderful day because during my American History in Film class as we were watching "All Quiet on the Western Front," Dr. Vickery sat next to me. Also he gave me a Werther's Original. My grandfather used to give me those. I had a moment.

Laughter is echoing down the halls and I feel compelled to go join in. But I am chained to my computer. I have a paper that must needs be written. Perhaps I should read the book.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

I laughed.

See you sometime.

Unknown said...

!Pobre Colleen!
I wish I was in your HPE section.

Megan said...

There is nothing better than watching a ridiculous has-been try to relive the golden days.