Saturday, January 28, 2006

Gaelic Swear Words

Several things.
I had a wonderful evening, the delights of which I will enumerate for your pleasure and interest.
I went bowling with my esteemed cousin wings, namely, Consuming Fire and Bliss. I pretty much spanked everyone, especially in the second game *cough*167*cough* and my hair was not staticky. We went to Coldstone. Then because it was only twenty after eleven and curfew wasn't til one, Jeremy, Jason and I went to Aimee's house, where a bunch of people were watching Spy Games. Lisa remembered curfew in time to get me and Chelsie back to the dorms-- we walked into Towers at 12.59, to the cheers of the collective hall directors.
Points about the above narrative:
While I understand and appreciate ORU's system of brother/sister wings, I feel it is imperative to occasionally disregard those bonds and just hang out with people. Tonight was great because that's what everyone did. We bowled, we shared semi-witty banter, we smuggled burritoes into the bowling alley. It was grand.
The same cameraderie existed, though in a lesser degree, at Aimee's. I, the freshman who really has no bond with these people other than the Honors Program, was welcomed, as I always have been by them. Besides, it made me really want to be a spy and run covert ops and break the rules and pretend that secret documents were innocent Bahamian retirement plans. And Robert Redford is a good-looking old man, but he cannot compare to Gene Kelly.
I got the biggest adrenaline rush I'd had in a while when we ran through the door at curfew. For some reason I felt as if I had accomplished something.
When I came upstairs I walked into Kara's room and found them watching Braveheart.
I wish I could swear in Gaelic. I do.

On an entirely different topic: I feel like I'm missing something. Maybe if I start seeking it it'll show up.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

I for one believe that the thing that is missing from your life is me. And if you seek along the Aledo way, thou shalt find me.

Good post. Kind of quietly perceptive.

kimi said...

i was talking about covert ops earlier tonight.
also.
I love you so much.

Megan said...

I'm an overt spy. Trying to hide my identity is useless because of my size. Dangit! It's just as well.
Robert Redford is inordinately good looking, even more so when he was younger.

kimi said...

This is really Kara, by the way.
FREEEEDOOOM!! I love that movie.