Wednesday, February 22, 2006

These things are all related in my mind. I swear it.

Katie in biology burned me her Jamie Cullum CD. So that's what I'm listening to. British accent and jazz piano. Good combo.

I feel helpless when people come to me with problems. And a couple have been of late. So all I can do is say, "yeah, that stinks, pray about it."
It is when people ask me for advice that I realize how very callow and clueless I am.

I am going to apply to work at Camp Sonshine for the summer. I think I've lost my mind. I am going to volunteer to be around little kids for two months. And I'm applying to be an APA for next year. I who can't even TA for Honors Seminar, perhaps the most ridiculously easy task ever. How ambitious we are becoming...my, my.

I with Kara dance upon a pedestal. But I confess it can get a little cold up here. And yet...when I contemplate what dismounting from my perch would entail, I begin to appreciate the brisk weather at this altitude. And my feet reacquire their spring, and my happy, solitary dance begins anew.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Heck yes.
Swat the pigeons when they come by.

Megan said...

When you meet me you will see how incredibly tall and ornate my pedestal is. I may never come down. I don't think I'm dancing on it though. I picture myself looking thoughtful in a lab coat with a stethoscope around my neck. That is my pedestal.

Hilary said...

Ya'll are funny.