Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Sharayah is small

I am discovering this anew. Because I am using her computer, lying on the space she has allotted herself on the floor of Kelli's room. I am crammed onto this miniscule portion of carpeting, trying to type with my elbows at a very interesting angle.
I am listening to the bio majors in the next room make up songs to sing the periodic table of the elements to. It's not a very good song.
I think they used the Borg queen as the white witch in the Narnia movie. Seems fitting. I do wish they had made Aslan more...well...I just didn't really see the Aslan I saw in the books. It was better than most movies based on books are.
I think I'd rather read my Bible, though.

Have you seen the moon tonight
Sugar-white perfection
With radiant beams of purest white
Our heart's connection
Carries me back to a lullaby
Sweetest song in my memory
Of mama's voice on moonlit nights
To hush her baby

I see the moon
the moon sees me
the moon sees the one that I want to see
God bless the moon
and God bless me
and God bless the one I'm longing to see

Have you ever noticed the man in the moon
he's the master of reflection
Somehow he knows and imitates
my heart's expressions
sometimes he's melting in clouds of tears
or shining my smile like the bright sun
but look tonight the moon looks like
he's missing someone

I see the moon
the moon sees me
the moon sees the one that
I want to see
God bless the moon
God bless me
and God bless the one I'm longing to see.
--Chris Rice
I just wasted so much time typing that here. But I love that song.

The flesh is quite a force to be reckoned with. Sometimes I'm spending so much time on the devil I tend to forget the flesh. Which can be twice as insidious and creeping.

3 comments:

kimi said...

oh that flesh.

Unknown said...

"I think I'd rather read my Bible."
What exactly did this pertain to...?

Never mind. I think I'd rather eat an apple.

Hilary said...

"Insidious and creeping"...nice.

Hi, I'm Hilary, friend of Kara. I am entertained by Kara and by random acts of minor cruelty, which seem to follow Kara like flies (like flies? hm, remember this is finals week). So it is concievable I might actually enjoy the Scarf Wars saga. As long as it does not have six episodes and star Natalie Portman.