Monday, March 20, 2006

Is it hypocrisy to be able to function normally around people, walking to and from class, tossing quick "how-was-your-break-yeah-mine-was-great-too's" at passersby; and then go to your room, shut the door, and be dry as dust?

I am happy about this cool, moist, good-smelling weather. I am happy with the haze of green tipping the grass all over campus. I am happy with the lavender flowers on the stunted trees. I am happy to see everyone again.
But these happinesses are not reaching a certain part of me. A part that is feeling skeletal and rheumatic. Soul arthritis is independent of age, and I'm feeling it.
Feelings, feelings, feelings. Ugh. I'm sick of it.

Sorry, dear readers. All (optimistically) five of you. Soon I shall break out of this funk. Yes.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I like a good funk post every now and then. It helps keep a balanced perspective. Some experiences are sublime, some are nondescript, and some are intent on wrenching your soul in some way or another.

Hilary said...

I don't like writing when I just feel like crap. But you are inspiring me. I refuse to comment on your other post though.

Hilary said...

I still refuse to comment on your other post.

Hilary said...

Boycotting.

[Today's word verification is noteworthy: frigiox]