Monday, October 29, 2007

every so often I get
knocked outside of my head
and I am always surprised by the view.

once in a while
reality presents itself irresistibly to my unwilling eyes
and when it does the laughter comes un-canned
shaking me out of my sitcom mentality

because sometimes
I'm watching life from outside of it.

I freeze in one spot and don't notice
til I try to move and panic because
even my eyes are stuck.
and nobody can tell me that's a good thing.

call it sleep deprivation or yesterday's mascara
but that eyes-frozen feeling
makes me rub and rub til the tears start.
it's ok 'cause tears are lubricants.
they promote motion.

you could try
eleven different ways to tell me
upside down and backwards
that I have nothing to worry about.
I wouldn't believe you.

outside of life isn't so bad
except it's not real.
which means it isn't so good.

1 comment:

rayahss said...

geez, i liked this. a lot.