Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Balanced Diet

Consisting, so far today, of a slice of watermelon, three "wacky whales" (read: knockoff Goldfish crackers), a fake chocolate organic cookie (baked by roommate, slightly burned), a slice of questionable watermelon, a 32 oz. QT slushie (a sadly mistaken combo of white cherry, blue raspoberry, and orange? What was I thinking?), and a fried-egg-mashed-potato-leftovers combo washed down with glasses and glasses of water.
How's that for variety, and also, grossness?
There is an explanation for this bizarreness, however:
I am moving today!
My room is all packed (nearly, since I'm staying the night at the old place) and all that there's left to move are some big bulky items I'll need help for and the stuff I'm leaving here until the Last Time.
and so I am hot and sore and tired and susceptible to leftovers and 75-cent frozen sugar highs, and also I do not drink enough water.
Moving is an adventure. I'm glad I think that, because otherwise it would suck. This place, despite the hazards of the bachelor-predecessor, has been awfully good to us. Only ten months. But lots of memories. I'm grateful.
It's Father's Day, incidentally, and I'm thinking of mine today: the upsides and downsides and how grateful I am for him too. I have an unfairly good and easy life. I'm grateful for that too.

The melting remnants of my slushie await, and so do those last few boxes.

1 comment:

Robert stokes said...

Break YO SELF SUCKA