Thursday, June 17, 2010

the Swing of Things

There's a rhythm and a pattern that's being established even in these unstructured summer months--little things that become common, though unexpected to begin with, or unusual in itself.
What that means is that I've been watching World Cup games with Vic and making delicious cheap meals and watching awesome movies with Eden.
What that also means is that this month is a dance of sorts, in which I am being led (I am a clumsy follower) through movements the choreography of which I cannot yet guess.
What that means is, simply, that I am trusting the Lord for a job.
And that I'm about to be moving to a new apartment,
and that in only a year I'll be done with school--the student part of it--for the foreseeable future
and that my life goals consist of being a folk-singing archaeologist and sailing across the Atlantic by myself (I do not know how to sail).
The "foreseeable future."
What a ridiculous thing to say.

And now to watch Wolverine with Eden. Hugh Jackman = my type.

No comments: