Tuesday, June 08, 2010

I can save your life. Maybe.

My roommate is watching a video of Lindsay Lohan's court proceedings, prompting a reflection: it would be awful if everyone knew my name.
Today I became certified to perform CPR on adults, children, and infants. Also I can alleviate hypothermia. Bring it on, babysitting.
While I was at the Red Cross building taking the class I met a girl named Sarah. She was funny and nice and hanging out with her (in the back of the class, of course) made the six hours exponentially more bearable.
We cracked jokes about the mannequins and the instructional videos, and we will probably never see each other again, but at the start of the day I did not know who she was, and now I do, and that is an amazing thing.
It's awfully nice to be obscure.

No comments: