Wednesday, July 07, 2010

I never get sick.

Never mind that for the past three days I have woken (woke? waked? wokened?) with a sore throat and one (only ever one) plugged and wheezy nostril.
Perhaps it is more true (provided that there are degrees of truth [?]) to say I never remember being sick.
BUT (God is good) despite the waking-symptoms I have not displayed or felt sickness while on jobs babysitting, and none of my kids have begun to sniffle.
Most of them still yell a lot, though. Occupational hazard. It is amazing how patient I can be when small ones lose their cool, whether tiredness or tantrums or injuries. It is also amazing with what degree of sang-froid a five-year-old boy can carry off climbing onto the kitchen island and subsequently kicking off and smashing my (half-full [half-empty?]) glass of water ("I became momentarily unbalanced," he explains as he sticks sock-clad feet into a nearby gallon-sized Ziploc, "Don't worry, I am okay." Well good. Now take that bag off your feet.)
Amazing.

No comments: