Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I really hate that "airplanes in the night sky" song.

You can wish on a night sky as easily as on a shooting star; at least, I've always found it so. It's a poor wish that depends on a star for delivery. Stars aren't always the most reliable creatures.
My hatred of the song may also have as much to do with the repetitive and boring melody as the idiotic lyrics. I can't say I've really invested in analyzing this dislike.

Life is good. So, so good.
I'm praying for a family I sit for regularly. The parents are great people: successful, caring, got-it-together, and yet they do not know Christ. Their kids are tiny monsters, as all small humans are, and I need so much to pray for them, so that I can infuse as much Jesus into their lives as possible this summer.

I have come to see that (incredibly) maybe someday I will understand things that make no current sense. To see and to accept! It's all pattern recognition at heart, after all.

No comments: