Saturday, August 07, 2010

The Girls

I used to do a lot of writing like this and I never saved any of it, but this I will post, for no other reason than that it is written.

I read lines written by a friend and one of them was this:
"There are girls to be had in either direction, too, by the way. Nobody does anything for 'the girls' because they're everywhere. Really everywhere."
and as I read it I could feel myself shrinking down and dividing, spreading out everywhere, thinner and thinner; I am "the girls" now, I am one of "the girls," and I am everywhere? I am to be had? on either side? Sides do not matter anymore but they did once. I never did, because I am the girls and am to be had everywhere, on every side. Or perhaps I am like the directions you take, used-to-matter but now indistinguishable. I do not distinguish between them. I do not even know they exist, I am the girls, and I am not to be done for because there are so many of me.

And these lines are taken out of context, and they are not the whole, they are not the point, but the girls will never know the point. what point? girls in every direction, in either direction, and either and every combine to form everywhere, which is where I (the girls) am, standing around, universal. taking it all in and giving nothing back, because noone will do anything for me anymore anyway, there is so much of me to go around. I am to be had.

No comments: