Tuesday, August 03, 2010

P.M.

Post-mortem, perhaps?
So it didn't go as I'd hoped. I unpacked from my weekend away and tidied my room, hied me to a coffeeshop and commenced work--only to waste an hour on a wild-goose chase after an extremely necessary component of said work. It's hard to compose a syllabus and schedule without a textbook.
It frustrated me more than it should have, and I was off for the rest of the day. Unfocused. Not good. I got some reading done for orientation, and did some planning of my future days, but nothing helped more than cooking dinner with Vic and eating mango sorbet while watching The Young Victoria. All men are now ruined for me because I will always compare them to Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg. Alas?

Anyway, yes, good film. I love the Victorians.
And tomorrow I enter another round of babysitting. And soon, soon I will be back in the whirlwind of school things and I think if I put a few more long days into it everything will get done okay and on time.
I think.
Tomorrow is another day (two minutes away)--and no mistakes in it yet. Thank you, Anne Shirley.

No comments: